Forums and Discussion Boards:
I have decided to disable the Astronomy Online Forums. I have been thinking about shutting down the forum for some time - one of the main reasons is lack of activity. I don't want someone to ask a crucial question and have it ignored because of forum inactivity.
I have created a .Mac Group to serve as sort of a replacement to this forum. If you are interested in joining this group, please contact me and I will send an invitation.
Forums are a dime a dozen now, and there are better choices out there for those who wish to engage in online dialog. Below are a listing of forums I am most familiar with, and all are recommended:
- The Bad Astronomy and Universe Today Forum - this forum is probably the most active science related forum that I know of. Strict rules are in place to prevent "flaming" and posting of questionable material.
- Slacker Astronomy Forum - this is a relatively new forum created and moderated by astronomers. Its goal is to demonstrate the lighter, humorous side of astronomy.
- Astronomy Magazine Forum - Astronomy Magazine has their own forum. This popular magazine is a good source of material for amateur astronomers. I never visited the forums but I am certain the quality is quite good if the magazine is an indicator.
- New to the forum games are the Meade4M Forums. Meade4M is a Meade sponsored community website.
- Astronomy Discussion Forums - this forum, sponsored by Astronomy.net, is in a newsgroup layout so it may seem a but confusing. However, there are a wide variety of topics to choose from.
- Milky Way Galaxy Discussion Forum - This forum seems new and it may or may not be up and running.
- Little Black Dog - This is not a science forum, but I visit these forums often. They are a great bunch of people, many are very knowledgeable with computer hardware and software. You can discuss just about anything here.
I hope you find the links above helpful. As always, if you have a question feel free to contact me directly.
Back to Top